Welcome to the Cecil County 4-H Program! We are excited to share all of the opportunities that the 4-H Program has to offer and you probably have many questions as you start this journey. Here are a few steps in helping you become an official 4-H member:
1. Have you attended your first Cecil County 4-H Club Meeting or have you selected a club you would like to join? This would be the monthly meeting you would attend. This is the first step in joining the 4-H Program and making the connections with the 4-H Club Leaders, who are a great resource in helping you join 4-H.
2. After you have attended your first club meeting or selected your club, the next step is registering through the Maryland 4-H Online Enrollment system. This website can be found at: https://v2.4honline.com When registering through this site, you will need to create a family account. You will then be directed in setting up each 4-H/Clover Member and any UME 4-H adult volunteer under the family name. Make sure you write down your log in information, as this is what you will use each year to enroll in the Cecil County 4-H Program.
3. After you have set up your account and registered each person in your family that will be a part of the 4-H program, you will be directed to pay an annual participation fee of $10 per 4-H member. This must be paid online to complete your enrollment. There is no membership fee for UME 4-H adult volunteers, however volunteers are required to pay for required 4-H background screening through Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) or Sterling Volunteers.
4. Make sure you receive a confirmation email that you are now enrolled in the Cecil County 4-H Program. You can log in at any time to check your status, as it will show everyone as SUBMITTED/AWAITING REVIEW and when you have been approved, you will then see APPROVED.
5. Once you become an active member in the program, you will start receiving the 4-H Updates and the 4-H Talk newsletter. You will receive this either through email or by mail, depending on what you selected when setting up your account.
6. Remember you must be enrolled by May 1st of the current year to be eligible to participate in the Cecil County Fair and July 1st for participation in the Maryland State Fair as a 4-Her.
7. Another resource in learning more about the Maryland 4-H Program is the Maryland 4-H Family Guide. Take a look at the different offerings of the program and if you have any questions talk with your club leader or county 4-H educator.
4-H Families Re-Enrolling
Welcome to another exciting year of the Cecil County 4-H Program. Don’t forget to get your enrollment completed by May 1 of the current year to be eligible to exhibit at the Cecil County Fair and July 1st for the Maryland State Fair as a 4-Her. If you are a 4-H Member participating in ANY State Events, you MUST be ENROLLED in 4-H Online to be eligible to participate in the contest.
To enroll in the Maryland 4-H Online program, go to https://v2.4honline.com.
Each family login information and password remains the same each year, so please make sure you use your email address you set up your account with to login. If you can no longer access the email you set up, contact the local extension office for assistance.
If you have forgotten your password, there is an option on the login page that will reset your password for you.
As you enroll for the current year, make sure you enroll every 4-H Member, Clover and UME 4-H Volunteer in your family.
If the 4-H Member is in more than one club, make sure to check off which club is their primary club.
Project Areas – You have until May 1st to add/delete projects on your 4-H Members enrollment. Double check you have selected everything that they may be involved in during the year. You can log in to make changes.
When you are ready to check out of 4-H Online, you will need to pay the $10 4-H Enrollment Fee online. You will automatically be taken to the next screen to make payment.
You will receive a confirmation email once your enrollment has been accepted by the Cecil County Extension Office. You are able to login to your account, the status on each member/volunteer will change from SUBMITTED/AWAITING REVIEW to APPROVED.
**Please note, UME 4-H volunteer screenings must first be approved by the state prior to the county being able to approve any UME 4-H volunteers.