SNAP-Ed programming reaches participants in a variety of ways including:
Classroom-based, in-person nutrition education for youth, which features tastings and food preparation opportunities.
Face-to-face education for parents/caregivers to encourage healthy role modeling and healthy food preparation at home.
Onsite gardens and gardening for nutrition programs, which encourage the use of locally-produced foods for tastings, snacks, and meals.
Worksite wellness interventions for teachers/staff.
Key partners in Charles County include:
- C. Paul Barnhart Elementary School
- Dr. Mudd Elementary School
- Mt. Hope/Nanjemoy Elementary School
- JP Ryon Elementary School
- Eva Turner Elementary School
- Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer Elementary School
- Dr. Brown Elementary School
- Indian Head Elementary School
- Southern MD Food Bank
- Charles County Children's Aid Society
- La Plata Farmers' Market