University of Maryland Extension (UME) financial management programs teach youth and adults essential skills to budget and manage their money prudently, minimize spending, maximize saving, reduce debt, manage and improve credit, prevent identity theft and investing in the future. Find more information below on popular classes requested by communities:
- Housing Eviction Prevention Education
- K12 Financial Literacy
- Family Finance and Professional Development Seminars
- Housing Residence Coordinators, Human Services, Case/Social Workers
- Entrepreneurship-Small Business Startup/Ownership- Inmates and Ex-Offenders
- Risk Management Education
For more information about local finance programs go to https://extension.umd.edu/locations/baltimore-city/family-and-consumer-sciences/financial-literacy for a complete list.