Skip to main content
Who may submit samples?
- All Maryland residents may submit samples to the lab.
- Priority is placed on specimens from University of Maryland Extension educators, commercial growers and industry professionals.
- Home gardeners should work with the Home and Garden Information Center to solve landscape problems;
Visit their website at: Home and Garden Information Center
What services are offered?
- Plant problem diagnosis for all crops. Techniques include:
- microscopic and visual examination of specimens
- microbial isolation
- serological tests for selected plant viruses
- molecular assays
- The University of Maryland no longer operates a Nematology Laboratory. However, other State labs have agreed to process samples for Maryland clients.