Sheep 101 and Sheep 201 Websites - University of Maryland Extension
- University of Maryland Extension's Sheep & Goat Specialist, Susan Schoenian is the author of the Sheep 101 and Sheep 201 websites where you can learn the basics on Sheep production including facilities, reproduction, health, and lambing, and much more.
Can You Make Money With Sheep? - University of Wisconsin Madison
- This publication originally published at the University of Wisconsin- Madison shares expectations of starting a small ruminant flock.
Sample Meat Goat Budget - Penn State Extension
- Penn State Extension offers a Sample Meat Goat Budget for producers to utilize and customize to their flock.
Sample Spring Lamb Budget - Penn State Extension
- Penn State offers a Sample Spring Lamb Budget for producers to utilize and customize to their flock.
Breeding & Reproductive Management
Meat Goat Home Study Course: Reproduction - Penn State Extension
- Take a look at Penn State Extension's Meat Goat Home Study Course to learn about reproduction management and breeding options with small ruminants.
Common Diseases and Health Problems in Sheep and Goats (AS-595-W) - Perdue Extension
- Learn what Common Disease and Problems in Sheep and Goats can affect your flock in this Perdue Extension publication.
Guide to Raising Healthy Sheep (A3858-02) - University of Wisconsin Extension
- Learn the basics to keeping your sheep healthy with the University of Wisconsin Extension publication Guide to Raising Healthy Sheep.
Guide to Raising Healthy Goats (A3858-05) - University of Wisconsin Extension
- Learn the basics to keeping your goats healthy with the University of Wisconsin Extension publication Guide to Raising Healthy Goats.
Feeding Sheep (Publication 410-853) - Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Learn the basics of feeding your sheep flock with the Virginia Cooperative Extension publication Feeding Sheep.
Strategies for Feeding the Ewe Flock (RP367) - University of Nebraska
- Learn Strategies for Feeding the Ewe Flock from the University of Nebraska. This publication covers feedstuffs, feed equipment, cost calculations and more.
Electric Fencing for Sheep (ANSI-3855) - Oklahoma State Extension
- Get the basics on fencing for sheep and goats with Oklahoma State Extension’s publication on Electric Fence for Sheep. The publication covers both permanent and temporary fencing as well as chargers and proper grounding.
Building Plans: Sheep - North Dakota State University
- Get building plans from North Dakota State University. These plans are free and cover a wide array of possible facilities, including pole buildings, chutes, feeders, and more.