The Maryland State Fair provides opportunities for 4-H members to showcase their project work to fair guests from all across Maryland and surrounding states. More than one-half million guests visit the fair each year.
Fondly known as the “11 Best Days of Summer”, the State Fair is held during the last week of August through Labor Day. The State Fairgrounds is located in Timonium just west of Baltimore and has been at this location for more than 125 years.
The 4-H program holds many events and activities during the annual fair including:
- Animal shows for alpacas, beef, dairy, dogs, goats, horses, poultry, rabbits, sheep, swine and others
- Non-livestock expositions including arts, clothing, foods, horticulture, photography, robotics, woodworking, and much more
- Judging Contests for dairy, goats, poultry livestock, rabbits, and horticulture
- Contests for bicycles, fashion review, small engines, tractor operators, and more
- Public speaking demonstrations