Winter may be a bit colder, wetter, and darker than some of us like, but it is also an opportunity to enjoy winter-time physical activities! Just like our produce being seasonal, we can enjoy seasonal winter activities too.
- No matter your age and ability, everyone can be active.
- Try a variety of activities to keep your household interested and having fun!
- Youth under 17 years need 60 minutes or more of moderate-to-vigorous intensity each day.
- Adults 18-64 years need at least 150 minutes a week of moderate intensity AND at least 2 days a week of activities that strengthen muscles.
Here is another idea to make your own homemade basketball hoop to play inside.
- Holiday card or photo
- Recycled plastic potted plant
- Soft blocks were used as the basketball for shooting baskets
Remember, the height of the hoop can vary, but have fun upcycling household materials to make your own physical activity games!
Here are some of our previous blog posts for more physical activity ideas: