4-H Activities and Flyers
The One Health Careers Summit will offer Maryland and West Virginia youth the opportunity to meet professionals and learn about Animal Health, Environmental Health, and Human Health Careers and how they work together under the One Health umbrella. The event will also advise youth interested in One Health careers on professional development and academic courses to prepare for their future.
Date: Thursday, June 22, 2023, 9:30a-3:30p
Audience: Youth (4-H, FFA and non-4-H teens) ages 13+ (as of Jan 1) with a spark in animal sciences, environmental sciences, healthy living, and interested in learning about One Health careers.
Participation Fee: $10.00 per youth
Registration: Limited registration to the first 25 youth who register; closes June 5 or when full. 4-H members register via 4-HOnline. Youth outside of 4-H who wish to register should contact Kevin Huang, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Washington County Extension Office, 7303 Sharpsburg Pike, Boonsboro, MD 21713
Presenters include: Professionals from Maryland Department of Health, Maryland Department of Agriculture, Maryland Department of Environment, University of Maryland Extension, West Virginia University, and private industry!
- What is One Health?
- An Introduction to One Health Related Careers
- Animal Health / Human Health Careers Panel
- Environmental Health / One Health in Practice Careers Panel
Lunch - lunch will provide an opportunity for informal visits with presenters
- Career Pathways Panel
- Skills Focused Concurrent Sessions
Summit participants will:
- Interact with professionals and increase awareness in a variety of careers which fall under the One Health umbrella.
- Meet fellow 4-H’ers from around the region with similar interests in animal sciences, environmental sciences, and healthy living.
- Gain knowledge, understanding, and skills around career and college readiness.
- Network with professionals to identify opportunities for development in One Health.
For more information contact Chris Anderson, email@example.com or Kevin Huang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maryland State Fair Information
County Fair Information
4-H FAIR ACTIVITIES:
ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY SEPTEMBER 2, 2022 BY 11:59 P.M.
LIVESTOCK ENTRY REGISTRATION FORMS - EMAIL TO email@example.com BY SEPTEMBER 2, 2022