During these challenging times, more people are concerned about their financial future. The University of Maryland Extension offers educational programs, applied research projects, and lots of practical information that will empower our community to make informed financial choices and improve the personal finances of our residents.
Some of the classes and programs offered include:
- Small Steps to Health and Wealth
- How Are Your Finances?
- How to Create a Budget?
- 5 Minute Guide to Managing Debt
- How to Manage a Household Budget on a Small Income
- Living on Less
- Stretching Your Food Dollar
- Identity Theft
- How to Avoid Money Scams
- Organizing Your Personal Documents
- Teaching Kids About Money
- Healthy Cents
- Financial Nuggets
- Deciding Which Bills to Pay First
- Needs vs. Wants
- How to Avoid Sinking Into Holiday Debt
- Bill Collectors, Your Debts, Your Rights
- Credit - Live Credit Smart
- Facing a Furlough?
- Develop a Plan
For additional information about offered classes please contact Patricia Maynard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Most classes are offered for free or a minimal fee. You may request a specific topic of interest for your group or organization.