Home gardening information is available on the state Extension Home and Garden Information Center, where you can ask Maryland Certified Horticulturists your gardening questions. The HGIC has everything you want to know (well, almost) about maintaining the plants in and around your yard, identifying and controlling the pests inside and outside of your home…and much, much more!
Home and Garden Information Center
- Learn the difference between an annual and a perennial
- Visit Grow It Eat It for food gardening information
- Learn how to prepare your soil for planting
- Find the latest in lawn care and how to reduce hours maintaining your lawn
- Soil testing information – including a How-to video
- Right plant – right place. How to select, purchase, plant, and maintain trees and shrubs for your landscape
- Subscribe to HGIC eNewsletter
- Visit the Resource Library for: Archived eNewsletters, Featured Plants, FAQ’s, Gardening Glossary, Publications, Tips, How-to Videos, and more!
- Stay tuned in to the latest happenings via Social Media on Facebook and Twitter!
The Kent Extension Program Assistant for horticulture and home gardening is Darcey Schoeninger; please reach out to her at 443-480-8396.