4-H Events & Opportunities
Garrett County Sponsored Opportunities
4-H All-Star is an honor/service organization. Membership in the 4-H All-Star is the highest recognition that a 4-H'er can achieve. 4-H All Stars is service-oriented and volunteer-operated. The All-Star's goal is to contribute to positive youth development through "service" to the 4-H program. The 4-H program becomes the springboard from which an All-Star jumps to other service areas for people throughout their lifetime. The 4-H All-Star organization strives for a cooperative effort with the 4-H program in all areas.
- Preston Miller (Diamond Clover 6)
- Cole Kepple (Diamond Clover 6)
- Hannah Frazee (National 4-H Congress)
- Jaryn Teets (Eastern National 4-H Horse Roundup)
- Revie Miller (State Event - Livestock Skillathon)
- Brenton Gnegy (State Event - State Public Speaking Contest)
- Laura Huelskamp (State Event-State Championship Robotics Tournament)
- Hannah Frazee (State Event-State Championship Robotics Tournament)
- Elisa Frazee (State Event-State Championship Robotics Tournament)
- Caleb Yoder (State Event-State Championship Robotics Tournament)
- Laura Huelskamp (Diamond Clover 6)
- Preston Miller (State Event - Tractor Competition State Fair)
- Hannah Frazee (National Event)
- Jaxson Corbin
- Kolten Mason
- Morgan Qualls
- FIRST Tech Challenge team 2818 G-FORCE~~FIRST Tech Challenge World Championship
- Madison Glover
- Jesse Harman
- Jaxson Corbin
- Kolten Mason
- First LEGO League & NeXT GEN Team
The Achievement Program celebrates the success of 4-H members, as reported in their record books. Volunteers are recognized for reaching milestones in their years of support to the 4-H program. It was a great year for 4-H, we have a lot to celebrate!
2023 4-H Achievement Program
On behalf of the Garrett County 4-H Office, we would like to invite all of our 4-H members and volunteers to join us Sunday, April 2, 2023, at 2:00 pm as we recognize all the volunteers and youth that make our program in Garrett County a huge success. This event will take place at the AG Heritage Hall at the Garrett County Fairgrounds.
Achievement Program Forms
4-H Clubs have the opportunity to nominate adults, organizations, or businesses for the following awards to be presented during the annual Achievement Program. All forms are due to the Extension Office by March 1st. Details are included on the nomination form.
Broiler Project Available To 4-H Youth!
The Broiler Project will be available this Spring to any interested Garrett County 4-H youth.
Bruceton Ag Service (Grantsville Branch) will provide 10 broiler-type chicks to each participant to raise. The chicks should arrive the week of April 1st at the Grantsville Branch. We will call you when they arrive and they will need to be picked up that day by store closure.
The Broiler Show will be held on June 5, 2024, at the University of Maryland Extension Garrett office. Youth are required to exhibit two dressed birds and complete their record forms.
Orders are due by February 23, 2024
Please note that orders after 2/23/2024 @ 4:30 pm will not be accepted.
Youth will need to furnish feed, housing, heat, and “tender loving care” for the chicks. Information on raising broilers will be provided to those registering. This is an excellent short-term learning project for youth and it helps to provide food for the family. For more information call the office at (301) 334-6960. If you would like to participate in the Broiler program, please complete the order form and return it to our office before February 23rd.