We would like to introduce you to a remarkable office located in the heart of Montgomery County where you can obtain useful, practical, up-to-date information on many subjects. It's called the University of Maryland Extension, Montgomery County, and it acts as a countywide educational system.
It is sponsored jointly by the University of Maryland, Montgomery County Government, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and has access to many of the University of Maryland's resources.
When people ask for help Extension personnel respond in many ways. Crucial to the Extension's informal education system, they teach in settings far more diverse than the traditional classroom. You'll find they deliver valuable assistance by:
- answering phone inquiries
- speaking one-on-one with visitors
- making on-site farm visits
- sponsoring public meetings, tours, demonstrations, and expos/fairs
- conducting seminars and speaking engagements
- publishing newsletters and writing newspaper columns
- making radio and TV broadcasts
- distributing accurate technical publications with solutions to specific problems
- computer networking
University of Maryland Extension Serves the Community