Start a community garden in your neighborhood
Don't have enough room or sun to grow what you like at home? Consider renting a plot in a community garden. These "how-to" resources will get you started.
- Soil Science Society of America - What is a Community Garden
- (PDF) Community Gardening Toolkit (link is external) - A resource from the University of Missouri for planning, enhancing and sustaining your community gardening project.
- The American Community Gardening Association (link is external) has basic information to get your gardening project off the ground.
- (PDF) Establishing Protections for Community Gardens - A fact sheet for advocates (link is external)
- Take 10 Steps to Create a Successful Community Garden for Residents (public housing)
Find a local community garden in your area
- Go to the Locations page to find your county or city Extension website. Some programs list community gardens.
- Contact your county or city government or recreation and parks department for information.