Removal of Spotted Lanternfly Egg Masses
Now is the time to remove the egg masses that the adult spotted lanternfly (SLF) laid last year. To do this you will need some hand sanitizer, a plastic bag, and a firm card for scraping.
- Squirt the hand sanitizer into the plastic bag.
- Arrange the opened bag just below the SLF egg mass.
- Apply a firm amount of pressure on the edge of the card and scrape the card down and across the egg mass.
- Catch the eggs in the bag, then squish the hand sanitizer and eggs around in the bag.
- Seal the bag and then dispose of. Help stop the spread of SLF!
This article appears in the Agronomy News April 2021 (Volume 12, Issue 1) newsletter.