University of Maryland Extension

business planning

Maryland Direct Retail Ready Products News You Can Use - Product Development 1 This issue contains resources that will help you determine if it is a "Go, No, Go" decision for starting a new enterprise...More info

Maryland Direct Retail Ready Products News You Can Use-Product Development Part 1

Retail-Ready Marketing Newsletter Header
August 2020 MARYLAND DIRECT RETAIL READY PRODUCTS NEWS YOU CAN USE Product Development–Part 1 Our initial producer intake survey for the Maryland Direct Retail Ready Products showed that 75% of the enrolled group members had products in some stage of development and, the remaining 25% were in the...

Launching, Refining, or Growing Your Farm Business- MREDC has Answers

Maryland Rural Enterprise Development Center
Mastering Marketing - Special Edition, August 2019 The Maryland Rural Enterprise Development Center, www.extension. , is a virtual rural business development center of the University of Maryland Extension presenting the latest and most successful business development innovations and...

Farm and Forested Lands Succession Workshop - Southern Maryland

Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018 - 8:30am to 2:30pm
15035 Burnt Store Rd, Hughesville, MD 20637
The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Maryland Extension, The Agriculture Law Education Initiative, the Maryland Department of Agriculture, and Nationwide Insurance to provide this farm succession workshop. This workshop is sponsored by Southern Maryland Ag...

Get Ready for the Holiday Sales Season Now

Catoctin Mountian Orchard Display
Mastering Marketing - September 2016 While the holiday season may seem a ways off, the line between when customers shop and when they take offense to holiday décor in stores is becoming a blurry one. The National Retail Federation reports that every year, about 40 percent of customers begin their...

Jump Start Your Fall Marketing Season Now

Mastering Marketing - August 2015 Summertime and the season is busy. Planting, harvesting, marketing, coordinating employees, and dealing with customers leave little time in the day to prepare for the busy fall agritourism and direct marketing season. But, now is just the right time to plan ahead...

Developing a Forest Stewardship Plan: The Key to Forest Management (FS-625)

Forest stewardship is the management of forest resources in a way that meets the needs of the current owners, but does not adversely affect use by future generations. A forest stewardship plan is a working guide that allows the landowner to maximize the wildlife, timber, recreation, aesthetic value...

Turning on Your Specialty Food Business (EB-406)

You need to formulate a business plan and consider how your business will be organized.

Food for Profit

Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014 - 8:30am to 4:00pm
Anne Arundel County Extension Office
University of Maryland Extension’s Food for Profit workshop takes you step by step through the information necessary to start and run a small food product business. Although appropriate for any food business owners who want to develop their venture proactively, the workshop is especially directed...
On November 12, 2012, the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce and University of Maryland Extension held the graduation ceremony for the first Farming: Pencil to Plow graduates. Eleven aspiring farmers...
Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2020. Web Accessibility

University programs, activities, and facilities are available to all without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in any event or activity, please contact your local University of Maryland Extension Office.