University of Maryland Extension

Talbot County

Base Name: 

Home Gardening

Answers to your gardening questions are only a click away! Our Certified Professional Horticulturists are ready to help. VOLUNTEER NETWORK Master Gardeners are volunteers who support the UME mission and teach sustainable horticultural practices. Learn More

Demonstration Gardens

Demonstration Garden Plant Lists: Look below to find the different Talbot County Master Gardener demonstration garden locations and their corresponding flora. The plants are chosen carefully according to site conditions and native habitat. Native plant species are best suited for Eastern Shore...

From My Backyard to Our Bay

"The Chesapeake Bay Needs Your Help!" From My Backyard to Our Bay is a publication for Talbot County Homeowners as a guide for actions to improve the water quality of the Chesapeake Bay. This is a must-have for residents who live near water or tributaries- protect the legacy we depend on and enjoy...

Record Book

Fill out this form if you were a 4-H clover (ages 5, 6, and 7) during the program year. Clover Record Fill out this form if you were a 4-H member (ages 8 through 18) during the program year. Type-In Record Book Form (Microsoft Word) Type-In Extra Project Record (Microsoft Word) Use if you did more...

4-H Information/Joining

How to Visit and Join a Talbot County 4-H Club In Talbot County, youth participate in 4-H through community clubs led by volunteers, in-school and after school programs, and community activities such as the county fair and public speaking contests. Members choose from a variety of projects...


Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2021. Web Accessibility

University programs, activities, and facilities are available to all without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in any event or activity, please contact your local University of Maryland Extension Office.