University of Maryland Extension

Sensitive Crop Locator

MDA has implemented a new Pesticide Sensitive Crop and Beehive Locator. Beekeepers, Specialty Crop Growers, and Pesticide Applicators Encouraged to Sign Up for FieldWatch Registries. 

The Maryland Department of Agriculture’s Pesticide Regulation Section has announced the implementation of FieldWatch, an online registry that connects beekeepers, specialty crop growers, and pesticide applicators around the state. This registry uses precision mapping tools to help commercial applicators know where beehives and specialty crops are located, thus showing which areas are more sensitive to pesticides. 

The department has maintained a sensitive crop registry for several years. In January of this year, the department entered into an agreement with FieldWatch to start providing registry services. The FieldWatch mapping tools allow users to update their own information in real-time, so pesticide applicators can make the most informed decision before spraying. 

FieldWatch offers three free voluntary mapping tools called DriftWatch, BeeCheck, and FieldCheck. All Maryland beekeepers, specialty crop growers, and pesticide applicators are encouraged to sign up.  

To register, go to and choose the type of account you would like to create.

  • Beekeepers should register for BeeCheck,
  • Specialty crop growers should register for DriftWatch
  • Applicators should register for FieldCheck. 

For more information about FieldWatch call the department’s Pesticide Regulation Section at 410-841-5710

Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2020. Web Accessibility

University programs, activities, and facilities are available to all without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in any event or activity, please contact your local University of Maryland Extension Office.