University of Maryland Extension

Property casualty protection

Nicole Cook, B.S., J.D., LL.M., Environmental and Agricultural, Faculty Legal Specialist, Agriculture Law Education Initiative (ALEI), University of Maryland Eastern Shore

Urban Ag home | Table of contents


First party property protection for structures, machinery, equipment, inventory (fire, hurricane, etc.)

Protects the things you need to run your farm business. It can pay for repairs or replacement of your business property if it’s stolen, damaged or destroyed in a fire or natural disaster. Just like homeowners insurance, property protection for your business helps offset the costs of major repairs or having to replace expensive items that you need to keep your business operating.

Commercial Property insurance can be purchased from many insurance companies. Contact an insurance agent for information.

Previous page: Commercial auto insurance
Next page:
Crop insurance


Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2020. Web Accessibility