University of Maryland Extension

How to Handle Crop Insurance Proceeds and Farm Program Payments on Your Taxes

Paul Goeringer

Photo by Edwin Remsberg

 This post should not be construed as tax advice

            Tax season is upon us and hopefully you have taken all your documents to your accountant.  In 2015, some of you may have received an Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) County payment or a Price Loss Coverage (PLC) payment, depending on the Farm Bill program you elected to participate in.  Some of you may have also received an indemnity payment from 2015 crop insurance coverage.  Many of you may be curious; can you defer these payments to 2016?  The answer will depend on the program.

To continue reading, click over to the Maryland Risk Management Education Blog.

Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2020. Web Accessibility

University programs, activities, and facilities are available to all without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in any event or activity, please contact your local University of Maryland Extension Office.