University of Maryland Extension

Agricultural Nutrient Management Program

Base Name: 

CREP Acres Only (No Cropland)

Q. I don't actively farm my land; however, I receive more than $2,500 in income due to CREP payments. Do I still need a nutrient management plan? ( Posted May 20, 2003 ) A. No. MDA has developed an exemption form for situations such as this. Contact your regional MDA office and they can provide you...

Manure on CREP Land

Q. I enrolled a significant portion of my farm in the CREP Program a few years ago. I raise beef cattle and still have some pasture and hay fields; however, I am concerned that I may not have enough available ground for spreading the manure that accumulated over the winter. My nutrient management...


Manure on CREP Land CREP Acres Only (No Cropland)

Certified Farm Operator (CFO) Eligibility

Q. I work for a horse boarding operation and would like to develop a nutrient management plan for the operation. If I become certified as a certified farm operator can I develop the plan for my employer's operation? ( Posted June 2, 2005 ) A. The certification program for farm operators is...

Annual Income

Q. Is a nutrient management plan required in a situation where a producer has a number of small properties and doesn't make $2,500 on any individual property, however collectively makes more than $2,500? ( Posted November 29, 2004 ) A. An individual who receives annual farm income from one or...

Annual Implementation Report (AIR)

Q. I received a letter from the MDA that included an Annual Implementation Report (AIR) which is due on March 1st of every year. Must I now submit my nutrient management plan before the growing season and then my AIR after the growing season? ( Posted March 7, 2005 ) A. No. The AIR was designed to...

Account ID Numbers

Q. I am developing a nutrient management plan for a farm that was recently subdivided. As a result of the subdivision, several fields have multiple account ID numbers. Is it necessary to list all account ID numbers on the MDA Reporting Form or can I list just one? ( Posted November 29, 2004 ) A. If...

Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation - FAQ

The following categories deal with the most frequently asked questions about the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE): C Factor P Factor Hydrologic Soil Group (HSG) Contouring Strip Cropped Fields

University of Maryland Phosphorus Management Tool (UM-PMT) and Phosphorus Site Index (PSI) - FAQ

The following categories deal with the most frequently asked questions about the Phosphorus Site Index (PSI), and apply to the UM-PMT, which will eventually replace the PSI: Erosion Estimates (A value) Field Slopes General UM-PMT and PSI Questions P Risk Assessments on Pastures Requirements for UM-...


Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2018. Web Accessibility