Welcome to the Harford County Master Gardeners web page!
We assist county residents with home gardening and landscaping through several approaches:
- Classes and workshops are presented on a variety of gardening and lawn care issues such as growing vegetables, canning and composting and fertilizing.
- Bay Wise certified master gardeners provide information and guidance to help people create healthier gardens and landscapes using sustainable practices.
- Technical assistance is available from our horticulture specialist for diagnosing home and landscape pest problems including weeds, insects and recommendations for healthy landscapes using native plantings at our plant clinics and farmers markets.
- Scholarship 2016. Seth is the Master Gardener 2016 High School Scholarship recipient. He will use the money to further his post high school education at the University of Delaware where he will study plant science this fall. When he graduates in 2020 he is planning to pursue a career in the field of agriculture or conservation. He was very grateful for our $500 MG scholarship!
The Master Gardeners of Harford County, part of the University of Maryland Extension, is offering a scholarship in the amount of a one time $500.00 award to a graduating high school senior who resides in Harford County. The recipient must be a student who plans to attend an accredited college or university to pursue studies in Agronomy, Botany, City Landscape Planning, Conservation, Entomology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Design and/or allied subjects. Click here for more information on our program page unders scholarship.
Congratulations Seth for being a student of excellence in science and agriculture!
- Master Gardeners are county residents who receive extensive horticulture training and commit to be volunteer partners by helping the university educate residents to be better gardeners and improve their environmental stewardship.
- Want to be a Harford County Master Gardener? click here for information
Home and Garden Information Center
*Gardening season is considered by many to be a year-round hobby! Catch the fever!
University of Maryland Extension
Harford County Extension Office
PO Box 663; 2335 Rock Spring Road
Forest Hill, MD 21050