Cost of production is very important when making decisions related to your farm enterprise and grain marketing.
Enterprise budgets provide valuable information regarding individual enterprises on the farm. This tool enables the farm manager to make decisions regarding enterprises and plan for the coming production year. The enterprise budget uses farm revenue, variable cost, fixed cost and net income to provide a clear picture of the financial health of each farm enterprise.
The 2015 Maryland enterprise budgets were developed using average yields and estimated input cost based upon producer and farm supplier data. The figures presented are averages and vary greatly from one farm to the other. It is therefore crucial to input actual farm data when completing enterprise budgets for your farm.
How to Use Enterprise Budgets:
The enterprise budgets below can be used as a baseline for your operation. Make changes to these budgets to include your production techniques, inputs and overall management.
These budgets are also available electronically in an Excel worksheet below. Use this document to make changes for your operation and to find a lower cost of production. If you have problems downloading any of these budgets contact your local Extension office for copies.
*** Budgets include irrigated corn and corn with poultry litter ***
*** GRAIN SORGHUM budget ***
- MD Crop Budgets 2015 - Excel Version (Updated 01/2015)
- MD Crop Budgets 2015 - PDF Version (Updated 01/2015)
- MD Cover Crop Budgets 2014 - PDF (Updated 05/2014)
- MD Cover Crop Budgets 2014 - Excel (Updated 05/2014)
- Organic Crop Budgets 2011
- Blank Budget Worksheet (PDF)
- Excel Spreadsheet for Fixed Cost Allocation
- Average Input Costs for 2009
- Average Input Costs for 2011
- Average Input Costs for 2013
- Input Cost Spreadsheet - Excel File
- Custom Rates
For more information regarding these budgets contact Shannon Dill at firstname.lastname@example.org.