HACCP FOR SHELLFISH SHIPPERS
• A ONE-DAY WORKSHOP to provide existing or new shellfish shippers with training in the process and procedures for developing a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan for their business to comply with state and federal regulations on shellfish sanitation and quality.
• ALL shellfish dealers MUST HAVE and implement a HACCP plan in order to be licensed and certified by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
• Shellfish shippers who HAVE NOT TAKEN a HACCP class or who have EMPLOYEES NEEDING TRAINING should plan on attending.
• Harvesters wanting to SELL THEIR CATCH DIRECTLY must be licensed and certified by the MD Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and have HACCP training.
• Training in HACCP is a REQUIREMENT of state shellfish regulations.
• While not required, shellfish growers who have taken the workshop in past years but are now in production may take it again to refresh their knowledge prior to engaging in sales of their product.
WHERE: University of Maryland Wye Research & Education Center, 124 Wye Narrows Drive, Queenstown, MD 21658.
Directions: US 50 to Carmichael Road (sign reads “Univ of Md WREC”); go 3.1 mi to Right on Cheston Lane; go 1.5 mi and make slight Left onto Houghton Lab Lane; proceed straight ahead to parking lot; the conference room is in the main building.
WHEN: THURSDAY, MARCH 23, 2017, 9 AM to 3 PM
REGISTRATION: Registration fee of $20 includes lunch, breaks and printed material. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE MEETING and workshop is LIMITED TO 30
attendees. Please make checks payable to “University of Maryland” or CALL Marsha to make payment with credit card. All attendees must be registered no later than Thursday, March 16, 2017, as UMD will be closed from March 17, 4:30pm-March 23, 8:00am.
CONTACT: Registration payment may be mailed to: Marsha Dicus, University of Maryland, Wye Research & Education Center, P.O. Box 169, Queenstown, MD 21658 or phone Marsha at 410-827-8056, Ext. 134 with any additional questions.
Programs and services of University of Maryland Extension are open
to all and the institution is an Equal Opportunity Employer